Detangled Hair’s Direct Checkout service allows buyers and sellers to use various forms of payments on Detangled-Hair.com and Detangled Hair’s mobile apps and other services. Direct Checkout users can pay with and accept payment by credit card, debit card, Detangled Hair gift card, some bank transfer services and PayPal. This policy explains all of your rights and obligations when using Direct Checkout.
- Accepting These Terms
- Third-Party Services
- Detangled Hair’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Seller Rights and Responsibilities
- Appointment of Detangled Hair as Limited Payment Collection Agent for Sellers
- Payment Processing Fees
- Reporting Obligations
- Accepting These Terms
This document (the Direct Checkout Policy or the ‘Policy’, for short) sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Direct Checkout on Detangled Hair’s services (we’ll refer to Detangled Hair.com and Detangled Hair’s mobile apps other as our ‘Services’), so please read it carefully. By using Direct Checkout, you’re agreeing to the Policy.
Direct Checkout allows sellers to (a) accept payment by authorised credit and debit card transactions, some bank transfers services and PayPal, (b) have those funds credited to a seller’s Shop Payment Account with Detangled Hair, and (c) have those funds deposited into a seller’s designated bank account via Detangled Hair.
Direct Checkout is only available to sellers who are at least 18 years old who register and are approved for a Shop Payment Account with Detangled Hair.
Sellers may only use Direct Checkout for the sale of items listed on Detangled Hair’s Services, and agree to ship sold items once a payment transaction is complete and reflected in their Shop Payment Account via Detangled Hair. Detangled Hair reserves the right to terminate a seller’s access to Direct Checkout if the seller uses Direct Checkout in any other manner.
Buyers may authorise a payment with any major credit or debit card accepted by Detangled Hair, with Detangled Hair Gift Cards, by certain bank transfer services, or through PayPal.
- Third-Party Services
Detangled Hair has engaged third-party service providers to perform many of the services related to payment processing, including card processing, currency exchange, identity verification, fraud analysis and regulatory compliance.
Detangled Hair partners with Worldpay, PayPal, and other licensed payment processors to facilitate card payments and other payments and the disbursement of funds to sellers. The provider and processing time for your payment will vary based on the country in which you’re located. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, Detangled Hair reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment.
Detangled Hair may share your personal or transactional information with those third-party service providers when it’s necessary to process payments.
Detangled Hair Gift Cards are subject to the Gift Cards Policy.
By using a third-party service, you may also be subject to an agreement with the third-party. For example, PayPal is a third-party service provided by PayPal Holdings, Inc. and is subject to the PayPal User Agreement.
If Detangled Hair receives notice that your shop’s content or activity violates a third party’s service agreement, we may at our sole discretion take action against your account to comply with their policies. Such actions may include cancelling a transaction, disabling listings from your shop, suspending your selling privileges or removing certain payment methods.
Detangled Hair supports two versions of PayPal: integrated PayPal and standalone PayPal.
Integrated PayPal. Integrated PayPal allows sellers to receive funds from PayPal purchases into their Detangled Hair Shop Payment Account via Detangled Hair, without the need to manage a separate PayPal account. This means that if a buyer pays with PayPal, the funds from the order will be credited to a seller’s Shop Payment Account along with the rest of the orders. The standard Direct Checkout Payment Processing Fee (described below) applies to orders that go through integrated PayPal; there is no additional PayPal fee.
Standalone PayPal. For sellers accepting standalone PayPal, you will receive funds from PayPal purchases into your PayPal account via Detangled Hair. This payment method exists for sellers in countries that are not yet eligible for Direct Payments and for sellers in certain countries who have opted to continue receiving funds into their standalone PayPal accounts. Sellers who accept standalone PayPal will continue to pay PayPal fees. Orders paid through standalone PayPal are not covered by Detangled Hair’s Seller Protection Program. Please note, in certain circumstances where a seller accepts Direct Checkout and standalone PayPal, it may be necessary for Detangled Hair to process some PayPal transactions through integrated PayPal. For example, if a buyer chooses to pay with a Detangled Hair Gift Card and covers the remaining balance using PayPal, Detangled Hair can only process the transaction through integrated PayPal. Similarly, if a buyer purchases items from multiple shops in a single transaction and chooses PayPal as the payment method, Detangled Hair may have to process the transaction through integrated PayPal.
- Detangled Hair’s Rights and Responsibilities
As a security measure, we may impose transaction limits on buyers and sellers. For example, we may impose limits relating to the value of any transaction, deposit, or adjustment, or limits relating to the cumulative value of all transactions, deposits, or adjustments during a period of time. We may also impose limits related to the number of transactions per day or other period of time. We will not be liable to a seller: (a) if we do not proceed with a transaction, deposit, or adjustment that would exceed any limit established by us, or (b) if we permit a buyer to withdraw from a transaction.
Detangled Hair may refuse service of Direct Checkout to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
In the event that a buyer does not make payment for the purchase of a legitimate item sold using Direct Checkout (e.g., where the buyer used a stolen or unauthorised credit card), Detangled Hair may provide limited payment protection to the seller, in the interest of fairness.
Detangled Hair will send you any relevant notices regarding your use of Direct Checkout in accordance with our Electronic Communications Policy.
- Seller Rights and Responsibilities
- Shop Payment Accounts. Direct Checkout is only available to sellers who register and are approved for a Shop Payment Account. A Shop Payment Account allows sellers to track payment amounts, refunds, and fees related to transactions. Sellers must provide accurate personal information as requested during registration, and are responsible for maintaining and updating that information as necessary. Sellers will not impersonate any person or use a name he or she is not legally authorised to use. Sellers authorise us, and authorised agents, to verify their information (including any updated information) by accessing public records and obtaining credit reports about the sellers in order to approve a Shop Payment Account. Sellers also authorise Detangled Hair to verify the sellers’ information from time to time while the sellers are using Direct Checkout. Detangled Hair verifies sellers’ information in order to safeguard the integrity of the marketplace and reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, and the violation of trade sanctions.
Shop Payment Accounts are only available to individuals who are eligible to be sellers on Detangled Hair’s services and who have a valid credit or debit card on file with Detangled Hair, unless they are exempt from this requirement.
In the event that a buyer submits a chargeback, Detangled Hair will respond to the credit card networks on behalf of the seller involved in the transaction; the seller agrees to provide any requested information to us within five calendar days of the request. Detangled Hair reserves the right to recoup funds associated with buyer chargebacks.
- Communications. We will inform sellers of each transaction, or of other information pertaining to Direct Checkout, using our standard communication procedures (detailed in our Electronic Communications Policy), including by email or through Detangled Hair’s Conversations tool.
- Refunds. Refunds or adjustments paid by Detangled Hair to buyers for payments made through Direct Checkout may be initiated using the refund functionality in the seller’s Shop Payment Account. Any such funds paid by Detangled Hair to cover refunds will be deducted from the seller’s Shop Payment Account balance. If there are insufficient funds to cover the amount of the refund, the balance will be charged to the seller’s credit card or added to the seller’s Detangled Hair bill.
Fully refunded transactions may be eligible for cancellation in accordance with the Seller Policy.
- Appointment of Detangled Hair as Limited Collection Agent for Sellers
Each seller appoints Detangled Hair as its agent for the limited purpose of receiving, holding and settling payments to seller. Detangled Hair will settle payments that are actually received by Detangled Hair to each seller, less any amounts owed to Detangled Hair and subject to these Terms. Each seller agrees that a buyer payment received by Detangled Hair, on behalf of seller, satisfies the buyer’s obligations to make payment to seller, regardless of whether Detangled Hair actually settles such payment to seller. If Detangled Hair does not settle any such payments as described in these Terms to a seller, such seller will have recourse only against Detangled Hair and not the buyer.
- Shop Payment Account. All funds resulting from a completed transaction will be reflected as a balance in a seller’s Shop Payment Account. Transactions are considered complete once the payment is approved by Detangled Hair or our fraud analysis service provider. Any refunds, adjustments, or other amounts paid to buyers in connection with purchases, or for funds received since the last payment day, are also applied to the seller’s Shop Payment Account balance.
Funds in a Shop Payment Account balance are eligible for deposit (the “Available Balance”) into a seller’s bank account at the end of any applicable deposit delay, reserve, or hold period as determined by the seller’s bank.
- Country and Currency Options. Currently available balances can only be deposited into bank accounts in the United Kingdom in the GBP.
- Scheduled Deposits. Detangled Hair will instruct our payments partners to initiate a deposit of a seller’s Available Balance into the seller’s bank account every on the 25th of each month (“Payment Date”) for sellers located in the United Kingdom. Deposits into a seller’s bank account will generally be credited within three (3) to five (5) business days from the date Detangled Hair initiates the deposit request. The actual timing of the deposit may depend on how quickly a seller’s bank processes the request.
The Payment Date will fall on the next day business day (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays) if the scheduled Payment Date falls on a non-business day. When a seller either initially provides or later changes his or her bank account information, the seller must wait at least five (5) calendar days to request a deposit into a bank account as a security precaution. The next scheduled deposit after a change to bank account information will occur on the 25th of that month after a period of five (5) calendar days from the date of the requested change.
- Holds and Delays. In some cases, deposits to sellers’ bank accounts could be temporarily delayed by an issue at Detangled Hair, at Detangled Hair’s third-party service providers, or at a seller’s bank. We’ll do our best to communicate with the affected sellers as soon as we can.
If we believe that a seller’s actions may result in buyer disputes, chargebacks, or other claims, then we may, in our sole discretion, put (1) a hold, (2) a deposit delay, or (3) a reserve on the seller’s Shop Payment Account balance.
A hold may be put on funds associated with a particular transaction if there is a dispute or investigation related to the order, for the shorter of: (a) 180 days after the estimated delivery date; or (b) completion of any investigation regarding the seller’s actions.
Deposit delays are defined as the number of days between a sale and the day the net amount from the sale becomes available for deposit, provided the payment has been completed. A deposit delay may be between 0 and 180 days. A deposit delay is applied across all transactions for a seller and the number of days is reflected in each seller’s Shop Payment Account.
A reserve is defined as a fixed percentage of a seller’s Shop Payment Account balance delayed prior to being included as part of a seller’s Available Balance for a period of up to 180 days.
If Detangled Hair places a hold, a deposit delay or a reserve on a seller’s account, we’ll do our best to communicate with the affected seller as soon as we can.
We always work hard to avoid and minimise any delays. However, please note that Detangled Hair is not obligated to refund any fees or reimburse any expenses due to holds or delayed deposits.
- Escheatment. If Detangled Hair can’t settle funds into a seller’s bank account, the funds will remain in the seller’s Shop Payment Account. It is the seller’s sole responsibility to update his or her bank account information to receive the funds. If a seller fails to update the information to claim the funds within a certain period of time, Detangled Hair will escheat the funds to the relevant government authority in order to comply with escheatment laws.
- B. We may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by a seller to Detangled Hair by deducting from future payments owed to the seller, reversing any credits to the seller’s Shop Payment Account balance, charging the seller’s credit card on file, charging the seller’s bill, or seeking reimbursement from the seller by any other lawful means, including by using third-party collections services. You authorise us to use any or all of the foregoing methods to seek reimbursement.
- Payment Processing Fees
- Overview. Detangled Hair charges a fee to buyers (the “Payment Processing Fee”) for processing each transaction through Direct Checkout. The fee amount will be assessed on the gross order amount, including shipping and tax (if applicable). Payment Processing Fees will be reflected in your Shop Payment Account. Unlike other fees charged by Detangled Hair, the Payment Processing Fee will be deducted from the total amount of the payment at the time the payment is considered complete. We reserve the right to modify the Payment Processing Fee at any time. In the event of any partial or full refunds credited back to a buyer, the Payment Processing Fee and other applicable fees will be recalculated based on the adjusted sale price. The difference between the original Payment Processing Fee and the adjusted Payment Processing Fee will be applied to the refund amount being credited back to the seller. Other applicable fees will be refunded on the seller’s bill.
location of a seller’s bank account.
Sellers may terminate this contract and their acceptance of Direct Checkout at any time by adjusting the Settings in their account with Detangled Hair. Detangled Hair may also terminate or suspend a seller’s use of Direct Checkout at any time.
Upon termination, any non-disputed available balance will be deposited into a seller’s bank account. Detangled Hair reserves the right, upon termination of access to Direct Checkout, to set off against any payments to be made to the seller, an amount determined by us to be adequate to cover any anticipated chargebacks, refunds, adjustments or other amounts that might be paid to buyers in connection with purchases from the seller’s Shop Payment Account for a prospective 180-day period. At the end of the 180-day period following termination, we will disburse to the seller any amount not used to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or such other amounts paid to buyers, or seek reimbursement from the seller via any of the means authorised in this Policy for any additional amount required to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or other amounts paid to buyers, as applicable.