Types of tracking technologies
- Cookies: This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser or mobile device that is stored in your browser cache or mobile device. You can configure your browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies (see Managing Cookies below).
- Flash cookies, local shared objects (LSOs): Flash cookies are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in the amount, type and manner in which data is stored. Detangled Hair uses Flash cookies in order to facilitate services such as fraud prevention. Detangled Hair does not tie the information gathered by Flash cookies to your personally identifiable information.
Tracking technologies have two different lifespans:
- Persistentmeans it remembers certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allows Detangled Hair to recognise you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them.
- Session, on the other hand, is specific to a particular visit to the site, to carry information as you view different pages on Detangled Hair so you don’t have to re-enter information. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically when you leave the Site or close your web browser.
Detangled Hair uses tracking technologies for a few general purposes:
- Strictly necessary: Vital to ensuring that Detangled Hair works properly for visitors and members.
- Performance: Help us understand how the Site or the Apps are functioning so that we can improve our services.
- Functionality: Retain your personal preferences as you use the Site or the Apps to enhance your experience.
- Marketing and Advertising: Gather data to help deliver advertising content relevant to your interests.
The table below contains examples of the cookies and tracking technologies we use:
Opting-Out and Managing Cookies
You can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser is slightly different, but usually these settings are under the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu.
Please note that if you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you will not be able to take full advantage of Detangled Hair’s services as some cookies are necessary for the site to function properly.